Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mostly Martha

I've long admired Martha Stewart. For years, I watched her make cranberry centerpieces, bake with Jacques Torres, put together wedding invitations, and do a whole bunch of other crap that I would never want to spend time doing.

Then Martha went to jail and, with no new shows being produced, I lost track of her. Sure, once she got out she had a brand new show where she'd cook or do crafts with celebrities, but it wasn't the same. I didn't want to watch Martha engaging in awkward banter with some media whore out to pimp their new book/movie/album. Or did I?

One of the things that has always endeared Martha to me is her willingness to go on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. She somehow managed to maintain her inherent Martha-ness while completely going along with the insanity. If I recall correctly, her first appearance had her eating Taco Bell and sipping a 40oz. malt liquor.

When she returned the favour, and had Conan on her old show, the results were no less hillarious:



Still, I never believed that would translate over to other (non-food/craft/domestic bullshit-related) guests. Until the internets led me to this segment from her current show:



Martha and Snoop: Together at last.

Awkward? Of course, but it's still funny enough for me to spend my afternoon checking out other clips from her show.

Clips can also be found on Martha's Blog.

No comments: