Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby/Mama

I was going to write something about the new Tina Fey/Amy Poehler movie and my utter contempt for the whole "successful career woman suddenly decides she needs/unexpectedly acquires a child and finds that the experience improves her life" genre. Predictably, it quickly became completely incoherent, and was mostly about how I was disappointed by Fey, Poehler, Sigourney Weaver, and Maura Tierney for being involved in this tripe; as well as Diane Keaton for starring in Baby Boom some twenty years ago.

Besides, I haven't even seen the film.

Anyway, in the comments section for the Pajiba review of this film someone registered their distate for babies, referring to them as "selfish subhumans that cry all the time".

"Subhuman" designation aside, that could apply to my mother.

No wonder I don't want a child.

No comments: