Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's Hammer!



I've been distracted lately, what with the Barney's GWP and Saks Beauty Week; not to mention the new job. It's hard work ordering huge amounts of makeup, and then having to go to work to pay it off.

Anyway, I just saw the trailer for Finishing the Game at FilmDrunk, and had to post it here. It looks amusing, but I'm approaching with cautious optimism.

In the plus column:
  • Writer/director Justin Lim's debut was the highly enjoyable Better Luck Tomorrow.
  • It's not a bunch of Asians chinking it up for your amusement.
  • Breeze Loo and Colgate Kim. You just know that those names were probably actual stage names some Asian actors used in the 70's.
  • Did I mention Hammer?

In the minus column:
  • Writer/director Justin Lim's previous film was Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.
  • There is a potential for the film to repeatedly fall back on "they all look alike" jokes. You know there's going to be at least one.
  • 1970's kitsch can get fucking annoying.
  • Jebus fucking Christ, Hammer? Deep down, I feel like that's a bad sign.
Still, should the limited release make it to my town, I will absolutely go and check this out.

No comments: