Wednesday, May 30, 2007

An open letter to Lionsgate Films

Dear Lionsgate Films,

I am writing to express my disgust over the posters for your upcoming film Good Luck Chuck. I recently saw them at IWatchStuff.com, and was thoroughly offended by the one featuring Dane Cook.

The tag line "There's something funny about Dane" is grossly inappropriate. There is nothing funny about Dane Cook. By stating otherwise, you are spreading the sort of misinformation that keeps his career afloat. This sort of irresponsible behaviour is unacceptable. Think of the children!

I suggest you correct this before the ads are given a wider release. You could, perhaps, exchange "funny" for "oily", "insipid", "smarmy", or "smug".

Alternately, you could scrap the whole film and instead release a 10-minute short in which Dane Cook is shot in the back of the head. I believe this would prove to be infinitely more popular than the feature you plan to release.

Thank you for your time. I hope you will take my suggestions into consideration.

Sincerely,
Kjhymn

No comments: