Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Because tomorrow is what some people believe to be the birthday of their lord, here are some of my favourite Jebus-related pictures I've taken.
  • First off, this flyer from some Jehovah's Witnesses advertising a convention they were having:
My co-workers agree that he looks like George Michael circa Freedom-90 here. Check it.

From the back of that same flyer, a photo from the "Full-Costume Bible Drama based on Colossians 3:12" to be performed at the conference. I'm guessing the guy on the left is Jebus.

  • I must have some sort of Jesus Sense, because I spotted this one in the window of a junk store from across the street.
It's even more Jesus-as-George-Michael goodness, but this time, it's Wham-era George Michael. I guess this explains the "Choose Life" t-shirts.

  • Sadly, I don't have a picture of the Jebus license plated car, but I do have this:
Not as good, but this is one of the less crazy Jesus-themed things I've seen on people's cars.

  • For instance, this is a van I saw while stuck in traffic on the Kennedy expressway in Illinois.There's something about the aggressiveness of it that makes it seem even crazier than the Jesus Car. Also, it seems to be part of a fleet of 6 (or more).
  • Contrast that with the tasteful little Jesus Fish this guy's sporting.
I think it says "I love Jebus, but I'm not gonna get all in your face about it."

  • Then, of course, there are these guys who will get all in your face about it. If I recall correctly, the questions were:

  • 1. Do you think you're going to heaven? Yes or No.
    and
    2. Why? (and there were a series of options to check off as well as an "other" with a fill in the blank).

    I do remember clearly that the guy at the booth didn't take kindly to my answers of "No" and "Because it doesn't exist".

  • What better way to show your love for Jesus than with a brightly coloured, possibly scented candle?
I seriously want one of the psychedelic Virgin Mary candles for my house.

While they're only $1.09, you can be assured that your Jebus candle is the best candle.


  • Finally, what would a tribute to Jebus be without fresh new pictures of the Jesus Car?

I was trapped behind this guy while he drove 15 mph down a 35 mph street. And, while taking a series of pictures, I damn near rear ended him.

    I snapped this one when I was finally able to pass him. If you look at the full-sized image, you can see the "dead baby" doll attached to his car in the upper left corner.

In closing, Happy Birthday Jebus! Thank you for the hours of entertainment your followers have provided me.

No comments: