Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I hate everyone so much

In between making hyper-offensive, possibly self-loathing, Asian jokes at work, I saw that they're making the movie Crash in to a TV show mini-series thing. On the one hand, I'm mad as fuck that that preachy tripe is still considered watchable in some form. On the other, I'm hoping that the crap-ass production values and overall cheesiness of the TV mini-series genre will reveal the hideous awfulness of that piece of shit.

Still, it's not all bad. These comments from the thread on FilmDrunk made me laugh quite a lot:

affleckwasthebomb said:
I loved the bit in crash when racism pushed Sandra Bullock down the stairs.

brooklyn said:

what's the DEEEEEAL with black people? white people drive like this and black people drive like this! and other staggeringly deep 21st centuries observations on race.

paul haggis should get ass cancer and die.


and, jokerswild offered the only option that would make this palatable:

Personally I'd prefer to see a show about the 90's Crash with Spader and that uber hot blonde with the brunette kitty.


In other horrible movie-related news:
  • Dennis Quaid, who I've always though of as a fairly respectable actor, is joining the cast of G.I. Joe.
  • I finally watched the Be Kind, Rewind trailer and it looks totally funny.
  • and
  • The weekend box office grosses make me want to buy a gun and start shooting wildly.

No comments: