Friday, January 4, 2008

Why have I not been reading this?

So, after the delightfully dorky pics of Kanye West playing Connect 4 started showing up everywhere, I actually went and checked out Kanye's blog.

Holy fucking shit.

I was half expecting it to be nothing but shameless self-promotion and a lot of crazy rambling, as celebretards' personal blogs tend to be. But his blog is like a catalogue of cool shit. Like Mindy Kahling's "Things I've Bought That I Love" with less girly-girl stuff filtered through Wallpaper and Giant Robot or something.

Posts about Bathing Ape gear, pop art, and cool-ass modern design stuff (like these livingstones which I'm now coveting), are up among music videos, articles about Jay-Z, and a fair amount of self-promotion. It all makes for an awesome blog and it's really hard not to like a guy who 1. Posts the aforementioned Connect 4 pictures; 2. Includes a clip from American Psycho in his post about seeing Robert Longo lithographs at a gallery; and 3. Goggles over the inflated prices at LAX Burger King (because we'd all do it).

That's not even including the Murakami-love, the fan-made Lupe Fiasco video he posted, a blurb about Bond No. 9's new fragrance, and the tons of posts I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

I almost wish I had work tomorrow, because I know how I'm going to be killing time in the cube farm these days.

No comments: