Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm so in to you: 2/18/08


I just saw an abbreviated version of this commercial on TV. When I saw the eyes and the barking cat, I was convinced that it was made by David Lynch. It's not. Congratulations, Noam Murro, you've out-Lynched David Lynch.


Do you recognize this man? If so, you're clearly a person of discerning taste. If not, please acquaint yourself with Onion columnist, Smoove B. He's a love man who will freak you all night long. Be sure to check out the Smoove Boudoir. Sadly, the links to the Keith Sweat and K-Ci & JoJo websites don't actually work.



Grey nail polish. Grey is the new black, which is the old blue.
Yes, that's my pasty white claw. That nail polish? I made it. It's 5 parts black to 1 part white. If you're not the DIY type, Kiss has a grey out now and China Glaze is coming out with one called Recycle next month.

Lancome Pixel Pink lipstick. Unlike P.S. Kiss (which I like, but don't love), this is a great throw on and go colour. I ordered it online, so I got it a few weeks early, I wrangled a kick-ass GWP, and I didn't have to deal with the less-than-helpful Lancome boutique staff. If you want your own, call Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, or a Lancome Boutique (but, seriously, don't) and see if you can still get one.


King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. A documentary about guys playing "classic" video games. Normally, I mock this type of thing, but the documentary was oddly compelling. Yes, it was way too easy to root for Steve and hate Billy, but it doesn't actually matter. Even if you don't give a fuck about who has the world record, the peripheral kooks make it worth your time. There's a guy named Steve Sanders. Like, on 90210.

No comments: